Friday, July 30, 2010

My daughter is crazy

Charlotte Therese has been yelling "gabbamonkeydaddy" at me all day. Im so glad shes talking more now. Shes been growing so fast its hard to believe shes 16months old already. Being a father is the greatest thing ever. It makes everything else pale in comparison. Granted the first 2 months were a blurr of no sleep but even then when she opened her eyes and smiled at me it made my day. Weve been trying to get her to sleep in her bed again but shes only comfortable between my wife and I on our bed. We have a king so its not so big a deal and its nice to wake up to baby giggles and kisses in the morning. The first thing Charlotte does is lean over and kiss my wife and sometimes me if im lucky. Then shes up and at it. Like me she goes from sleep to fully awake in 2 seconds.  When she was little we had no problem getting her to sleep in her crib but ever since we moved into our new house she wakes up every 2 hours crying if we dont let her sleep with us. I find it amazing how many people insist we make her sleep in her own bed. Frankly a family bed is nice, I know alot of people that raise and have raised thier kids this way. When shes old enough to understand we will probably move her into her own crib again but for now i'll take kisses over tears anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment